Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Theres nothing like a delicious smelling ADVENTURE

Well, today sure has been full full full of interesting things




I had class, and yet again the same girl interupted people and muttered corrections (which were often invalid) under her breath. Its frustrating to have someone who interupts and corrects in a class, but even more so when they aren't even right. I managed to restrain the urge to punch her and/or loudly ask her to speak up so we all could hear what she had to say. must be calm.

But then went to work at the pool, always fun. Apparently I am guarding for a beginner swim class every wed. It was great to see my swimming coach (who I LOVE and is enthusiastic, hilarious, and ridiculously energetic, and of course a masochist) teaching people who were not even comfortable walking around in the water at first. By the end of the class she had them face in, kicking their feet, and moving forward! It was fantastic!



A swim team friend of mine wanted some hand dyed wool for a birthday present for her mom, so that is what I attempted tonight! After I finished plying the two strands together (and finished watching Enchanted, what a good movie!) I boiled the strawberries for about an hour, and while I was doing that the yarn was soaking in a salt bath (to help later fix the color in). I had to strain the mushy berries out, yuk! and now my yarn is happily soaking up the pink of the strawberries!

I was hoping for a red, but its def looking to be a light pink. Thats alright, but hopefully my friend wont mind :[ Still, now I can't wait to try out all kinds of natural dyes... If anyone out there is intersted, or has done it before please let me know. I think the next thing I am going to try and get my hot little hands on is some beets, that should get me a beautiful deep red.

Until next time,
S

2 comments:

  1. you're braver than I am! But it looks like fun trying out dyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm the mom that got the yarn. Wow! Did I see more than one skein in that pot? Can I buy the others? You rock!

    ReplyDelete